Zen Law Guy has been assisting attorneys and their clients for more than a decade, specializing in the following areas:
- Research and assistance with federal criminal defense, sentencing, and criminal appeals
- Assistance with clients (and their families) facing federal criminal charges
- Research and assistance in federal post-conviction relief, specializing in the following:
- Section 2254
- Section 2255
- Section 2241 (the “savings clause”)
- Attacking a guilty plea
We’re experts because, well, we wrote the books on these topics. They say that it takes 10,000 hours of experience to become an expert in something. Those of us at ZLG have way more experience and first-hand knowledge than most experts in these areas. No guessing. No fluff. Just good help when you need it.
Contact ZLG Paralegals
To inquire about the services described on this page, ZLG Paralegals can be reached using the contact form below.
As always, while debate is welcome, hate speech is not. Let’s focus on helping people. Thanks!
Dale Chappell, the Zen Law Guy
Related material from the Zen Law Guy blog
- Attacking the Guilty Plea: Court Threatens More Time in Child Porn Case if Post-Conviction Motion Successful - zlg, 1/1 archive, I`m always asked whether the court can impose a harsher sentence if someone is successful in vacating their conviction or sentence under 28 U.S.C. sec 2255. My answer is always the same: It depends, but it can happen. Usually, a sec 2255 motion attacking a guilty plea opens the door for any […]
- Federal Habeas Corpus: Obtaining Habeas Relief After a Guilty Plea - It`s long been said that a valid guilty plea goes a long way in barring post-conviction relief in the courts. While that can be true for challenges to the guilty plea itself, it`s often not true for challenges to a sentence resulting from that guilty plea. After navigating the procedural hurdles for these claims, federal […]
- My Blog Posts are a Preview to my Revised Insider`s Guide Books - If you want to know what`s in my Insider`s Guide series of postconviction books, just take a look at the federal habeas corpus posts on my blog lately. Most of these posts are adapted directly from those books. These writings are the culmination of years of fulltime study of federal habeas corpus procedures. I`ve taken […]
- SCOTUS Adds Extra Obstacle to Federal Habeas Relief in Brown v Davenport - Citing the need to respect the finality of state convictions, the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) held on April 21, 2022, that a constitutional trial error that`s found to be “substantial and injurious” on the verdict must also clear the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty`s (AEDPA) lower bar on federal habeas relief. Ervine […]
ZLG Paralegals is an independent entity.